The Campbelltown Hobbies Autumn Series tracks the most consistent and best racers in our club across all rounds in the series. Racers accumulate points based on their final ranking in each class (see points system below) with bonus points added for each TQ (top qualifier). The final series placings count a racer’s top 6 results, allowing them to drop their worse results should they compete in all rounds. The number of rounds dropped depends on the number of race meets within the series (see table below).
- Ryde series points are awarded on final positions of race meets to club members.
- Allocated points pass down to eligible Ryde club members when a non-member gains that position. Top Qualifier points are not passed down.
- Series tie-breakers decided by highest result, then 2nd highest and so on until the tie is resolved.
- In order to be eligible for series points, a class must have at least 3 Ryde members or it will not qualify for that day.
- Paid entries qualify for points as long as you attempt to start at least one race. I.e. if there are 5 entries in your class and you DNF all races, you will qualify for 5th points.
Shortened Race Days
If the meet is called off early, and at least 1 round is run, then full points will be allocated base don the races completed. Dropped rounds within a meeting will only come into play when either qualifying is completed or the finals are completed.
For an given class, the number of point rounds a racer will be able to drop depends on the number of rounds run in the series as follows:
- 11-12 -> drop lowest 4 scores
- 9-10 -> drop lowest 3 scores
- 7-8 -> drop lowest 2 scores
- 5-6 -> drop lowest 1 score
- If 4 or less rounds qualify, you do not drop any rounds
Another point of note is that if a class is run for 50% or less of the total rounds in a series, then there will be no trophies awarded for that class at the end of the series. So, if 6 rounds were raced in the series out of 9 due to 3 rained out days, then any particular class needs to have at least 3 rounds to qualify for trophies.