After the success of the 2022 Ryde Cup, we return in 2023 for yet another instalment of our biggest race of the year!
We are pleased to announce that the 2023 Denair Australia Ryde Cup: Chilly Bowl!
Thanks to Denair Australia for coming on board as title sponsor for the 2023 Ryde Cup!
There are still sponsorship opportunities available, so if you’re interested, please let us know!
We have settled on a format and are keen to bring the most on-track action we can! So, book out June 10th and 11th on your calendar for an epic weekend of racing!
Entries are open, so get on it! https://clubmanrc.com/club/event/75
For the race format, we have decided to stick with the speedway style format that we used at the 2022 version of the Ryde cup! There was only heads up racing for all classes, and it definitely proved to be a winner with all the racers involved.
Even though we have stuck with the same format, we will be doing a couple of exciting things for the event to make it stand out!
Firstly, we will have Mitch On the Mic coming down from Queensland to be our guest commentator for the weekend. Mitchell has been a regular voice in the South-East Queensland race scene and is also pretty handy with a radio as well!
Secondly, Thanks to our Broadcast sponsor Campbelltown Hobbies, you will be able to enjoy all the racing action from wherever you are able to jump online! We will have Matt and Tony from RC Race Media trackside to do a full event broadcast. These two gents have been spending plenty of time behind the camera practising for our big show.
Along with the race format, the Media coverage is sure to make for an exciting atmosphere!
Classes offered will be:
- Campbelltown Hobbies 2wd Open Buggy
- 4wd Open Buggy
- 2wd Junior Spec Buggy (Hobbywing G4 21.5T motor)
- Short Course Truck
Short course truck is sure to be a bit of fun! We plan on messing with those drivers purely for the entertainment of the crowd. You’ll have to stay tuned to see what we come up with……..
Class cost will be:
- Junior $10
- 1st Class $30
- 2nd Class $20
Although we have used the current race format before, it has been a while. So here is a rundown of what to expect:
- single 10min session run on Saturday afternoon (if you are unable to attend Saturday don’t worry, this will have very little impact on your overall result)
- Top 5 average laps (non-consecutive) will determine the starting order for the first of three heat races.
- TQ will be car 1 in heat 1, 2nd will be car 1 heat 2, 3rd will be car 1 heat 3, 4th will be Car 1 heat 4.
- 5th will then be car 2 heat 1, and so on.
- Check out the website for a full breakdown of starting positions.
- 3×5 min races on Sunday morning
- 1 Point for 1st, then increments of 1 point for every position.
- 1st race will be normal grid.
- 2nd race will be reverse grid (based on finishing order)
- 3rd race grid will be determined by overall points in that heat.
- top 2 from each heat (based on total points) will qualify for the A main
- positions 11 through 22 will go into a Last Chance Qualifier.
- Single 5 min race, with top 2 progressing to the A main.
Top 10 shootout:
- sets starting positions for the top 10 in the A mains.
- one car on track at a time
- 1 warmup lap
- 3 timed laps to set your best time.
- Triple A mains
- Double Lower mains
Ryde Cup Champion:
- Combined results of 2wd and 4wd open.
Full event info can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IS_eWfqqbDQIj3JyCQ7CJak86V3VAP7x/view?usp=sharing
This is sure to be a cracker of an event, but the real question is, will anyone be able to dethrone the 2-time defending Champ Lachlan Donnelly?
Only time will tell!
See you all there!